Monday, May 28, 2012
Linen Wrap Dress with Shawl Collar
I've had this pattern for a while now. I started it in my dressmaking class in Grafton Academy 5 weeks ago but the good weather we've been having these past few days motivated me to get the final button-hole done so I could wear it to work tomorrow.
There's a second button and a complicated loop detail. In this picture too, you might see the extra dart I had to sew to fix the excess fabric around the chest/neck.
But if I move too much it doesn't sit well so I'm going to have to hold it with a safety pin tomorrow until I add a secret internal button to hold it together better:
The back fits nicely:
Overall, I am disappointed with this dress. It didn't fit me well around the shoulder and needed a dart added. The front flaps needed to be hemmed because they were hanging loosely otherwise.
It's funny, when I started out buying patterns I was careful not to choose something too fitted because of course individual measurements will differ; somehow I forgot that note-to-self when I bought this one... and the proof is in the pudding.