Saturday, February 14, 2015

Onion Bag

I bought a bag for storing onions. Like this one:
And it's been a really useful, tidy, functional addition to my kitchen.
When Derrybeg Farm needed to make up a hamper of goods to promote Community Supported Agriculture, I thought to contribute an onion bag. I had bought just the fabric for the job!
Bought on sale from The Eternal Maker: Abstract Onions by Kobayashi
It's a simple drawstring bag pattern. I think I used shoelaces for the drawstrings.
The shape/size/dimensions of my bag were influenced by the scrap of fabric which I had.
The professional bag which was my inspiration does have a zip in the size for easy access of onions if the bag is hanging, I didn't trouble myself with this. I wonder if the winner of the hamper minds! And if the bag gets used!

No comments:

Post a Comment