Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dress for a wedding

When I first started looking at dress patterns, I decided it was probably best not to buy something too fitted. I chose Burda 7352 because the dress is bandeau-style and the ribbons allow it to be worn in different ways. I'm big into functional too!
I bought beautiful fabrics in Hickey's of Henry Street. Mini Floral Jersey and Sophie Chiffon. I think possibly the chiffon is too good for this project! It's a little bit on the heavy side. I think it's great how Hickey's receipts have care codes for the fabric.
Here's the dress:

I'll try and make a prettier, more dramatic ribbon tie at the back on the day of the wedding!
 And the matching headpiece (which I didn't make)

Fabrics


Mini Floral Jersey
96% Viscose - 4% Elastaine

Sophie Chiffon
100% Polyester

No comments:

Post a Comment